This cottage is located 2.5 km east of Hwy 41, on North Beaver Lake Rd. It is located is in a bay, on the north shore of North Beaver Lake, giving it eastern, southern and western exposure. There are plenty of trees, allowing you to choose to sit in the sun or the shade, for virtually the whole day. The lot is 335 x 189. You can drive your car to the door for unloading purposes. There are a few neighbours along the road, but only one other cottage in the bay, so there is ample privacy.
The cottage has one bedroom with queen bed, one bedroom with double bed, and one bedroom with twin beds. There is a washroom with shower, but no tub. There is a microwave & large BBQ. There is a TV/DVD. There is a phone, (but it can be disconnected). The cottage is clean and bright, close to the water, with a great view of North Beaver Lake.
There is a dock. There is a kayak, a canoe and a paddle boat. A fishing boat is also available for rent.
For reference, our weeks run from Saturday to Saturday. Move in time is 2:00 pm, and move out time is 10:00 am
The phone is a Rogers cellphone base. The plan allows unlimited long distance within Canada. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE LONG DISTANCE CALLS OUTSIDE CANADA.
Cell phone service has improved in the area, and is available consistently at good strength.
This property has hiking/4wheeler trails just at the end of the driveway. Great for evening walks to check out the deer and other wildlife. The Salmon River comes into Beaver Lake about 1km from the dock. This river is a great place to paddle up; it stretches for approx. 2km winding through forests and marshland. You always see wildlife such as deer, beavers, muskrats, and turtles. You can paddle down the Salmon River (approximately 4km) to the small concrete dam where you can ride the rapids on your inner tube or just explore the shoreline for crayfish.
If you have 4wheelers, Puzzle Lake Provincial Park is a great half-day adventure directly from the front door. This trail has many deep mud pits to try and avoid – or not.
The North Beaver Cottage contains the following items:
- alarm clock
- radio, AM/FM/CD/Cassette
- a few CDs (middle of the road, easy listening)
- a few family movies and a few PG 13 movies
- a few misc books/magazines
- crokinole board/checker game
- bathroom tissue
- liquid hand soap
Patio / Deck
- 6 deck/lawn chairs
- 1 Wooden Picnic Table & 2 metal/plastic Picnic Tables
- paddle boat
- survival kit ( as per the boating regulations)
- life jackets ( 5 or 6 adult, 2 youth & 1 small child size)
- paddles (4 or 5)
- electric fan
Kitchen / Cooking
- dishes, platters, glasses, cups & saucers, cutlery, knives, kitchen knives, spatulas
- assorted pots & pans (large & small)
- cooking timer
- tea kettle
- can opener
- coffee makers (10 Cup & 1 cup)
- coffee filters for both coffee makers
- Maxwell House ground coffee
- salt & pepper
- Coffee Mate coffee whitener
- water cooler (with well water)
- milk pitcher for bagged milk
- ice cube trays
- paper towels
- saran wrap
- foil wrap
- dishwashing rubber gloves
- dish soap
- scrub pads
- propane bbq & spare propane bottle
- barbecue utensils
- various cleaners under bathroom sink
- laundry soap
- mop & pail
- garbage bags
- clothes pins